When I first heard the announcement that there would be a LEGOLAND New York I was so excited! We love theme parks and having a new one in our home state is super exciting! Here are 5 things you need to know about the all new LEGOLAND New York!
If you have ever visited a LEGOLAND theme park you know that it is built with kids in mind. The LEGOLAND parks are designed for kids ages 2-12 and they offer an amazing family fun destination.
We have visited the LEGOLAND Florida and California location and think they are a great place for families. There is so much to do and if you have a LEGO fan in your family it is a must visit!
Here is what we know so far about the new LEGOLAND New York theme park.
When will LEGOLAND open?
LEGOLAND New York will officially open on July 4, 2020!
Where will LEGOLAND New York be located?
LEGOLAND is located in Goshen, New York. Goshen is about an hour north of New York City and a little over 4 hours for us in Rochester, New York.
LEGOLAND New York is the LARGEST LEGOLAND Park Built!
This park is going to be jam packed with awesome! With over 150 acres of LEGO fun LEGOLAND New York is going to be an outstanding family fun destination.
LEGOLAND New York Hotel
This may be one of the most exciting parts!! There will be a LEGOLAND New York Hotel!! We have visited the LEGOLAND hotel in Florida a few times, and its so awesome for kids! The hotel will be similar to the other US locations.
There will be four themed rooms: Ninjago, LEGO Friends, Pirate, and Castle. There will also be an indoor play area, kid friendly buffet, and many activities for the family. Although the LEGOLAND theme park will not be open year round the hotel will be a year round destination for families.
What attractions will be at LEGOLAND New York?
LEGOLAND New York will have eight theme areas through the park. They are:
- The Factory: This is where you start your LEGOLAND NY experience and will also be home to the all new Great LEGO® Adventure! This ride is an original and can only be found at LEGOLAND New York!!! Experience what it is like to be a LEGO Minifigure and the process of it all! We are super excited for this unique attraction!
- Bricktopia: Work with Master Model Builders to build and test your LEGO creations.
- LEGO® NINJAGO® World: LEGO Ninjago is one of our favorite areas at the other LEGOLAND parks and we can’t wait to explore this one too!
- Heartlake City: Home of the LEGO Friends. There will be meet and greets, an outdoor stage, and a Granny Apple Fries location. We always sample Granny Apple Fries on our LEGOLAND visits.
- Knights’ Kingdom: This will be home of the Dragon Coaster which is a perfect first coaster for your kids.
- LEGO® City will have LEGO Driving School and this was a huge hit with my kids! They love it!
- Pirate Shores may get a little wet and it will be great for the kids to cool off during the hot summer months.
- Miniland: A day at LEGOLAND would not be complete without a stroll through Mini-land. So many landmarks and places recreated out of thousands of LEGO bricks. Miniland will delight all ages and is a must for your day.
LEGOLAND New York is scheduled to open in spring of 2020! Check back as I will update this post as opening day gets closer and more details are released!