Ice skating at Dick’s House of Sport at Eastview Mall is a perfect winter activity for families looking to get out and enjoy the season. With accessibility for all ages this is a great addition to your winter bucket list in Rochester, NY.
Dick’s House of Sport is located in the Rochester suburb of Victor at the Eastview Mall. It has a great selection of sports apparel, top gear, and fun activities.
This was our first time experiencing the open skate at Dick’s Sporting Goods and it was a perfect spot for beginner ice skaters and those that are more experienced.
The staff helps you through everything from start to finish. They will help you find the perfect fit skate and assist you when you arrive on the ice.
As we travel a little less due to my kids getting older and busier, we love to find activities locally that we can do together. I loved that we could grab a bite to eat at the mall, skate together, and then do some shopping too!
Dick’s is more than just a sport store. It has the outdoor ice rink as well as interactive space like an indoor rock wall, batting cage, a featured brands area to see the newest items of the season, house of cleats, a putting green and golf simulators, as well as outdoor turf field during the warmer months.
We were invited to experience open skate for the opening weekend and it is definitely something we recommend for your next family outing.
Read on for everything you need to know about ice skating at Dick’s House of Sport at Eastview Mall as well as a special coupon code for my readers to use through December 23, 2003.
Details of Open Skate at Eastview Mall Dick’s House of Sport
- Open skate cost $8.00 for children 12 and under and $10.00 for 13 and up. This includes a 1 hour time block.
- Skate rentals cost $6.00 in addition to open skate.
- Skate trainers are available on the outdoor rink during open skate at no additional charge to assist anyone that needs extra help. There are also walkers available for young children.
- Every Friday night is GLOW skate.
- Open skate is available Thursday-Sunday. Times vary.
- Book your time here. Use OPENSKATELEAH – valued at 50% off for the Open Ice Skating experience. Expires on 12/31/2023
The ice skate experience is not only for hockey players and figure skaters. The customer service makes everyone feel welcome no matter what your skill level.
Special Events at Dick’s House of Sport Ice Rink
- Tent rentals are available at $100.00 an hour. This includes a heated space and benches.
- There will also be Skate with Santa and Skate with a Princess event.
- Learn to Skate
- RIT Game/Skate with a Player
- Men’s 3v3 Hockey League (Wednesdays, Begins, Wednesday, December 20-Wednesday, January 31)
- Ugly Sweater Skate Party (Saturday, December 23)
- New Year’s Skate at Noon for Families (Sunday, December 31)
Our family had a great time at the outdoor ice rink at Dick’s House of Sport. I liked that it was open to all experience levels. That made us feel comfortable and we had a blast!
Read Next: Fun Things to Do in Rochester, New York
Leah has been traveling with her family of 5 since 2012 and sharing her expertise on planning family vacations and visiting theme parks since 2016. Leah has been featured in Visit Rochester, Undercover Tourist, and Home Publications. She has worked with brands like Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, Hersheypark, Toyota, and various Tourism boards and destinations. Leah creates family travel itineraries based on real trip experiences with her family. Her guides and tips help others plan great family vacations. Learn more about Leah and Five for the Road.