A guide to what countries are in Epcot World Showcase and what to see and do. Includes dining, rides, and attractions at the countries in Epcot’s World Showcase.
Epcot is a unique park at the Walt Disney World resort in Orlando Florida. It is divided into four areas: World Discovery, World Celebration, World Nature, and World Showcase.
Discovery/Celebration/Nature were formerly known as Future World. As you enter Epcot you will see Spaceship Earth which does have a ride inside but the main attraction at Epcot is currently Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
This is located in the World Discovery area. The main attraction in Epcot’s World Showcase is Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and Frozen Ever After.
Epcot Posts to Plan Your Visit
- Guide to Things to Do in Epcot at Walt Disney World
- Best Snacks at Epcot | Snacking Around Epcot’s World Showcase
- Epcot vs. Magic Kingdom: Which Disney Park is Best?
- Where to Eat Breakfast at Epcot
What Countries are in Epcot’s World Showcase
There are 11 countries in Epcot’s World Showcase. Each one is unique in design and offers a look at the culture the pavilion represents. The cast members in the area also represent the country. The countries are:
- The American Adventure
- United Kingdom
Epcot’s World Showcase offers quick-service restaurant options as well as sit down table service restaurants in each of the different countries. It is a unique theme park with rides and immersive areas to explore.
Tips for Visiting the Countries in Epcot at Walt Disney World
- You will walk a lot at Epcot. If you do not want to walk back and forth, start at one end of World Showcase and take your time going through each area.
- Take time to explore the areas that don’t have rides
- There are 3 rides in Epcot’s World Showcase.
- Have a plan. Doing your research, like reading blogs like this, will help you decide what is worth seeing or skipping with your family.
- Set realistic expectations. You will not be able to see everything in the World Showcase and do all the rides at the park. Maybe pick a few countries you would like to explore more and spend more quality time there.
- Some of the areas to explore are not on the park map. Take your time to visit the shops and areas.
What to Do in Each Country at Epcot
Mexico Pavilion at Epcot
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros: This boat ride attractions takes guests on a slow journey through the sites of Mexico looking for Donald Duck. The ending has nice animatronics but it is not a can’t miss ride. If line is under 10 minutes it is a nice place to rest your feet and escape the heat.
- Inside the temple there is a small lobby that has window displays from the movie Coco. It is worth stopping by to see these if you are a fan of the movie.
- Plaza de los Amigos gift shop
- San Angel Inn Restaurante (Table-service restaurant. Reservations recommended.)
- La Cantina de San Angel
- La Hacienda de San Angel
- Choza de Margarita
- La Cava del Tequila
Norway Pavilion at Epcot
- Frozen Ever After boat ride attraction. This is very popular, expect long wait times.
- Meet Anna and Elsa at Royal Sommerhus
- Gods to Vikings. Small area to walk through with wood carvings.
- Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe
- Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Character dining with princesses)
China Pavilion at Epcot
- Reflections of China: a 360 degree film exploring the culture and landmarks of China. There is no seating for this show.
- Meet Mulan in the China Gardens. (Check My Disney App for times.)
- Nine Dragons Restaurant
- Lotus Blossom Café
- Joy of Tea
Germany Pavilion at Epcot
- Meet Snow White at the Wishing Well.
- Biergarten Restaurant
Italy Pavilion at Epcot
- At times guests can meet Pinocchio or Geppetto in Italy. This is not always offered. Be sure to check the My Disney Experience App or ask a cast member when visiting.
- Tutto Italia Ristorante
- Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar
- Via Napoli Ristorante 3 Pizzeria
- Gelateria Toscana
The American Adventure at Epcot
- American Gardens Theatre: Offers stage shows and musical performances seasonally.
- The American Adventure: Stories of America told by audio-animatronics.
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
- Fife & Drum Tavern
- Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue
- Funnel Cake
Japan Pavilion at Epcot
- Guests walking through the gift shop will discover an area dedicated to pop culture in Japan. This small walk through exhibit is a great place to escape the heat and crowds, although more people are discovering it!
- Kabuki Cafe
- Katsura Grill
- Teppan Edo
Morocco Pavilion at Epcot
- Small walk-through area to explore and gift shops.
- At times guests can meet Aladdin and/or Princess Jasmine. Check My Disney Experience App.
- Spice Road Table
France Pavilion at Epcot
- Palais du Cinema: Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along and Impressions de France films
- Meet Belle
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (Very popular ride)
- Les Vins des Chefs de France
- Chefs de France
- L’Artisan des Glaces
- Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie
- La Creperie de Paris
United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot
- Meet Alice and/or Mary Poppins. Check My Disney Experience App for availability.
- Yorkshire County Fish Shop
- Rose & Crown Dining Room
- Rose & Crown Pub
Canada Pavilion at Epcot
- Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360 Film
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
- Le Cellier Steakhouse
FAQ’s About the Countries in Epcot at Disney World
What Rides Are in the Countries at Epcot?
There are 3 rides in the countries at Epcot. They are:
- The Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico
- Frozen Ever After in Norway
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in France
Is Epcot’s World Showcase for Kids?
Yes! We think kids of all ages will enjoy Epcot’s World Showcase. On a recent visit we spent time walking through and exploring each country and participated in the KidCot activities.
Learn more in this post: Epcot with Kids
Can You Meet Characters at the Countries at Epcot?
Yes there are character meet and greets in the Epcot World Showcase Pavilions. Most can be found on the My Disney Experience App but sometimes you may find a character appearance by surprise.
Do you need dining reservations to eat at the restaurants at Epcot’s World Showcase?
For the most popular table service restaurants at Epcot’s World Showcase you will need to make reservations. Some of the restaurants offer walk-ins but if you know a place you want to eat it is best to make a reservation once they open.
Is admission to Epcot’s World Showcase included in your admission to Epcot?
Yes. Your ticket to Epcot includes Epcot’s World Showcase admission.
The countries in Epcot’s World Showcase are worth including in your visit to Epcot. They are a fun and interesting addition to your day at the Disney theme park.
We send updates on our latest destination and theme park posts so you never miss a thing and can start planning your next family adventure. We know you are busy and only share the best! Sign up for Five for the Road Newsletters!