Halloween at Hersheypark has exciting offerings for the 2023 season. This year Hersheypark Halloween will include family friendly activities, immersive haunt experiences, sweet treats through out the park and the popular Dark Nights are back!
Hersheypark is an amusement park in Hershey, PA. They are open seasonally and have special events during the Halloween and holiday season.
For the 2023 season Hersheypark Halloween will be a combination of family fun events with sweet stops and character glow dance parties, as well as scares and haunted houses with Dark Nights.
Dark Nights is for those looking for big scares at the sweetest place on Earth. Hersheypark Halloween is for kids and adults looking for less scary Halloween fun.
Hersheypark Halloween Dates and Times for 2023
Halloween at Hersheypark will be September 15th -October 29th 2023. Event hours will be Fridays from 5-10pm. Saturdays 12-10pm and Sundays 12-9pm.
Dark Nights begins at 6pm and extends one hour after park close. This is 11:00pm on Friday and Saturdays. Park will close Sundays at 10:00pm.
Hersheypark Halloween Ticket Pricing
Hersheypark Halloween and Dark Nights are included with the general admission ticket for the 2023 season. Prices start at $49.99 and can be found here.
All tickets include unlimited access to all of your favorite rides as well as all 5 Dark Nights haunted house, 3 scare zones, lights-out rides on Wildcat’s Revenge and over 50 of the Hersheypark attractions.
Hersheypark Halloween Details
Hersheypark Halloween is a family fun seasonal event hosted throughout Hersheypark, Hershey’s Chocolate World, and ZooAmerica. It will feature over 50+ rides and attractions to enjoy alongside Halloween special events.
Guests that enjoy roller coasters can experience lights-out on Wildcat’s Revenge and Laff-Trak. During the last hour of park open guests can experience lights-out on Candymonium, Lightning Racer, and Comet.
The fan favorite, Treatville Trick-or-Treat Trail will include 13 sweet stops at Hershey’s Chocolate World and the Boardwalk at Hersheypark. This is for guests with children 12 and younger.
This trail was always a favorite for us. Featuring fun Halloween décor and photo-ops. Treatville will close at 8:00pm.
Creatures of the Night at ZooAmerica will begin October 13th and will feature a nighttime flashlight tour that is included with your admission to Hersheypark Halloween.
We love meeting the characters dressed up for Halloween and this year guests can enjoy a Hershey Characters Glow Dance Party. This will be in the Music Box Theater area nightly at 8:30pm.
The characters at Hershey are so fantastic and engaging with the kids. Meeting the characters was always a special moment at Hersheypark.
If you child doesn’t like scares don’t worry. There will be a bypass area after 6:00pm to avoid the scarier areas at Dark Nights. As a family we do not like haunted houses or scary things, so I am very glad they are offering a way to avoid the scary stuff.
When you visit expect to walk a lot! There are treat stops at Hershey Chocolate World, Hersheypark, and ZooAmerica. Each place is unique and worth spending your time.
One of the things I really like about the trick or treating at Hersheypark is TreatVille. At Hersheypark they have a designated area to trick or treat.
This allows you to line up once and not miss any of the spots. The people are dressed up and the theme throughout the area is really cute.
Kids are welcome to dress up in Halloween costumes for the Halloween event. When we visited we saw a mix of people dressed up in costume and some not. Keep in mind the weather can get chilly in the evenings.
Dark Nights at Hersheypark Halloween
Dark Nights will be for guests wanting a scare this Halloween at Hersheypark. Featuring 3 scare zones and 5 haunted houses, this will be an incredible experience for those who like the scarier side of Halloween.
The 3 scare zones will be included with general admission to Hersheypark Halloween. Guests must purchase the Dark Nights add-on for access to the Haunted Houses.
Here is a description of the Haunted Houses and Scare Zones from Hersheypark:
- Auntie Mortem’s Abattoir (ALL-NEW FOR 2023) – Ethel Mortem, known as Auntie to the community, is a second-generation meat processor running the family business with the help of her sinister nieces and nephews. Trucks keep coming to feed the machine, but the bones tell a more sinister story. Farm to table has never been more gruesome when Auntie is planning the menu.
- Haunted Coal Mine: Curse Of The Tommyknockers – It’s not only the past miners that haunt these shafts but the evil Tommyknockers who must protect their gold by any means necessary. You escaped their mines once before, but will you be so lucky this time? The fear doesn’t come from where you’re trapped but who you’re trapped with.
- Creatures Uncaged – Professor Darkstone’s prized possessions now run the show. Retrace your steps through their lair but beware, more creatures are lurking in the shadows, and they are hungry for a new audience.
- The Descent: Catacombs Of Decay – The tunnels she once prowled are now hers to dwell in forever. Venture into the catacombs of decay to reveal what secrets remain buried in her past, present and future. But, be careful that you don’t become part of her collection.
- Twisted Carnevil – The darkness of the tent was truly a never-ending carnevil of nightmares. The nightmare continues with venomous twists and turns that will hypnotize some and paralyze others.
Also part of Dark Nights, midways will transform into three Scare Zones each evening.
- Fallout Zone (ALL-NEW FOR 2023) – Rogue radioactive material has begun to emit an eerie green fog. Crews are scrubbing the midway to isolate, contain, and neutralize any threats. You may avoid the fallout, but can you escape the madness from those within?
- Midway Of Misery – Misery loves company…the Decayed Brigade welcomes new sliders from the underworld with more corners to lurk in and ground to cover. Beware to those who flock to the flames: you never know who (or what) is waiting beyond the arch.
- Darkstone’s Hollow – Ousted from his own show, Darkstone is now caged for all to see and the showmen that hawked his traveling mythical collection now frantically seek shelter from the creatures that have claimed The Hollow as their own.
Things to Know About Hersheypark and Hershey Chocolate World
Hersheypark, Hershey Chocolate World and ZooAmerica are located in the same area. Depending on the time you arrive you will park in the Hersheypark parking area or the Hershey Chocolate World area. The parking attendants will assist you and help you pick the best area.
Hershey’s Chocolate World is free to enter. There is a Hershey Factory Tour that is also free. The other attractions-trolley tour, 4D show, etc. require admission tickets. I wrote a post about visiting Hershey’s Chocolate World that you can read to help plan your visit.
Extra Hours at Hersheypark for Hersheypark in the Dark
They are offering Halloween preview hours for the 2022 season. You can enter Hersheypark 2.5 hours before close the day before your visit.
For example, our ticket was for Saturday but we used it to enter Hersheypark at 7:30 on Friday. Tell them at the ticket counter and they will let you keep your ticket for the next day. Check the website to see if this is offered the night of your visit.
If you take advantage of visiting the night before you can use your parking pass to visit the following day. Park at Hersheypark on your first night. Save your parking ticket. The next day park at Hersheypark, show them your parking ticket and Hersheypark admission ticket, and park.
Where to Stay for Hersheypark Halloween
We have stayed at all of the resorts on Hersheypark property. Each one offers a different and unique guest experience. You can read about each one and decide if it is the right choice for you.
Hersheypark resorts offer a shuttle service to and from the park. This is a great perk of staying on-site.
Seasonal Food at Hersheypark Halloween
Hersheypark Halloween is bringing seasonal food options to the park for the Halloween season. Guests can enjoy over 55 Halloween inspired King Shakes and spooky cake pops.
There will be an RIP dinner buffet at Great Scare Catering and guests can also purchase a Dark Night Tasting pass for more than 15 locations throughout the park.
Halloween at Hershey’s Chocolate World
We always start our visit to Hershey with a ride on the Hershey’s Factory Tour. What better way to start with a tour and free chocolate samples. At the end of the tour you are treated with a sample of Hershey chocolate.
Hersheypark Halloween will include stops at Hershey Chocolate World as part of the Treatville Trail. You can also take a Halloween themed trolley ride and attend a Halloween decorating cookie workshop. Both require guest to purchase tickets.
Tips for Visiting Hersheypark Halloween
- Arrive 15 minutes before opening. You will be required to go through bag check to enter the park. As you enter the park you want to ride the busiest attractions first if possible. Those are Laff Trakk, Reese’s Cupfusion, and Candymonium.
- Hersheypark is a huge park. Before you arrive take a look at the attractions and locations on the park map. It will be a big help for you to know which direction you are going as you enter.
- After you ride the busiest attraction take time to do the Trick or Treat trail or Scare Zones. If you are taking advantage of preview day plan to get a lot of the rides done and then do the Halloween activities.
- Treatville Trick or Treat Trail was so impressive. I have to admit I was a little nervous that the treat lines would be really long and it wouldn’t be worth it but that was not the case. We really enjoyed walking through. Arrive early to avoid the crowds.
- Purchase tickets online to save money.
- Feel free to dress up. There was a good mix of kids in costumes. Make sure you consider the size of costumes for riding rides.
- If you have a child with food allergies they do offer alternative candies.
- Be sure to check in with your kids about the scare zones. You know your child best about what kind of scares they like.
ZooAmerica during Hersheypark Halloween
During Hersheypark Halloween you can visit ZooAmerica at night starting October 14th. The Creatures of the Night offers a special night time visit to ZooAmerica. It is included with your Hersheypark admission. There are also treat stops and interactive animal exhibits. My son got to touch a snake during our visit.
Characters at Hersheypark in the Dark
During the event the Hersheypark characters are dressed up for Halloween. You can find them at different locations throughout the park. Check the park map to see the locations. We never had issues finding them and the lines are typically short. Don’t forget to attend the character dance party!
Hersheypark Halloween is a great Halloween event in Hershey, PA. It has something for families of all ages making it a great place to enjoy some spooky, or not so spooky, Halloween fun.