Halloween at Hersheypark has exciting offerings for the 2022 season. This year Hersheypark Halloween will include family friendly activities as well as a new Dark Nights event.
Halloween at Hersheypark is changing for the 2022 season. What was previously known as Hersheypark in the Dark will now be Hersheypark Halloween. They are also adding Dark Nights to the Halloween at Hersheypark line up.
Guests who loved Hersheypark in the Dark, which was a family event, do not need to worry about it being too scary. Hersheypark Halloween will be a destination for all ages.
Halloween at Hersheypark will cater to families and younger kids. Dark Nights will appeal to older kids as well as adults.
Hersheypark Halloween Dates and Times
Halloween at Hersheypark will be September 17th -October 30th 2022. Saturday hours will be 2-10pm. Sunday hours will be 2-9pm. Beginning October 14th Hersheypark Halloween will open for Fridays from 5-10pm.
Dark Nights will be from 6-11pm Fridays (starting October 14th) and Saturdays. Sundays operating hours will be 6-10pm.
Hersheypark Halloween Ticket Pricing
Hersheypark Halloween is included with the general admission pricing. Dark Nights is an add-on and must be purchased in addition to your general admission ticket. General admission starts at $49.95. Dark Nights add-on starts at $24.95. Find detailed pricing here.
Hersheypark Halloween Details
Hersheypark Halloween is a family fun seasonal event hosted throughout Hersheypark, Hershey’s Chocolate World, and ZooAmerica. It will feature over 50+ rides and attractions to enjoy alongside Halloween special events.
Guests that enjoy roller coasters can experience lights-out on Candymonium, Laff Trakk, Lightning Racer, and Comet. Plus a seasonal flavor on the Jolly Rancher Remix.
The fan favorite, Treatville Trick-or-Treat Trail will include stops at Hershey’s Chocolate World and the Boardwalk at Hersheypark. This is for guests with children 12 and younger. This trail was always a favorite for us. Featuring fun Halloween decor and photo-ops. Treatville will close at 8:00pm.
Creatures of the Night at ZooAmerica will begin October 14th and will feature a nighttime flashlight tour that is included with your admission to Hersheypark Halloween.
We love meeting the characters dressed up for Halloween and this year guests can enjoy a Hershey Characters Glow Dance Party. This will be in the Founder’s Way area nightly at 8:30pm. The characters at Hershey are so fantastic and engaging with the kids. Meeting the characters was always a special moment at Hersheypark.
With the addition of Dark Nights and the scare zones braver guests can gain access to three of the Dark Nights areas. The Hersheypark Halloween general admission ticket will allow access to Darkstone’s Hollow, Valley of Fear, and Midway of Misery.
If you child doesn’t like scares don’t worry. There will be a bypass area after 6:00pm to avoid the scarier areas. As a family we do not like haunted houses or scary things, so I am very glad they are offering a way to avoid the scary stuff.
When you visit expect to walk a lot! There are treat stops at Hershey Chocolate World, Hersheypark, and ZooAmerica. Each place is unique and worth spending your time.
One of the things I really like about the trick or treating at Hersheypark is TreatVille. At Hersheypark they have a designated area to trick or treat. This allows you to line up once and not miss any of the spots. The people are dressed up and the theme throughout the area is really cute.
Kids are welcome to dress up for the Halloween event. When we visited we saw a mix of people dressed up in costume and some not. Keep in mind the weather can get chilly in the evenings.
Halloween at Hersheypark Dark Nights Details
Dark Nights will be for guests wanting a scare this Halloween at Hersheypark. Featuring 3 scare zones and 4 haunted houses, this will be an incredible experience for those who like the scarier side of Halloween.
The 3 scare zones will be included with general admission to Hersheypark Halloween. Guests must purchase the Dark Nights add-on for access to the Haunted Houses.
Haunted Houses at Dark Nights
- Haunted Coal Mine – For too long, unsettling cries of miners lost in these coal shafts have tormented the living. Take a daring trek through the abandoned mine, which suddenly becomes an explosive encounter.
- The Descent – Who prowls the dark underground tunnels beneath Hersheypark? Follow her into the depths of decay where the only way out is down…
- Creature Chaos – Join Professor Darkstone as he pits you against Pennsylvania’s most fearful and deadly creatures. Don’t worry, they’re in their cages…for now.
- Twisted Darkness – Dare to have your tarot read by our twisted fortune teller and be forced into a never-ending carnival of nightmares. Was it real or was it all in your mind?
Scare Zones at Dark Nights
- Darkstone’s Hollow – Wander among Professor Darkstone’s showmen boasting his array of mythical creatures. Beyond the mesmerizing imagery, there’s more to the show than meets the eye.
- Valley of Fear – Don’t find yourself alone in the murky mists along Spring Creek. The dreadful beings are watching and waiting deep within the shadows, and they know exactly when to strike.
- Midway of Misery – Flames burst into the skies as guests are summoned through a sinister gateway into the darkest corner of Hersheypark…where no one can find you.
Things to Know About Hersheypark and Hershey Chocolate World
Hersheypark, Hershey Chocolate World and ZooAmerica are located in the same area. Depending on the time you arrive you will park in the Hersheypark parking area or the Hershey Chocolate World area. The parking attendants will assist you and help you pick the best area.
Hershey’s Chocolate World is free to enter. There is a Hershey Factory Tour that is also free. The other attractions-trolley tour, 4D show, etc. require admission tickets. I wrote a post about visiting Hershey’s Chocolate World that you can read to help plan your visit.
Extra Hours at Hersheypark for Hersheypark in the Dark
They are offering Halloween preview hours for the 2022 season. You can enter Hersheypark 2.5 hours before close the day before your visit.
For example, our ticket was for Saturday but we used it to enter Hersheypark at 7:30 on Friday. Tell them at the ticket counter and they will let you keep your ticket for the next day. Check the website to see if this is offered the night of your visit.
If you take advantage of visiting the night before you can use your parking pass to visit the following day. Park at Hersheypark on your first night. Save your parking ticket. The next day park at Hersheypark, show them your parking ticket and Hersheypark admission ticket, and park.
Where to Stay for Hersheypark Halloween
We have stayed at all of the resorts on Hersheypark property. Each one offers a different and unique guest experience. You can read about each one and decide if it is the right choice for you.
Hersheypark resorts offer a shuttle service to and from the park. This is a great perk of staying on-site.
Seasonal Food at Hersheypark Halloween
Hersheypark Halloween is bringing seasonal food options to the park for the Halloween season. Guests can enjoy Halloween inspired King Shakes and spooky cake pops.
Halloween at Hershey’s Chocolate World
We always start our visit to Hershey with a ride on the Hershey’s Factory Tour. What better way to start with a tour and free chocolate samples. At the end of the tour you are treated with a sample of Hershey chocolate.
Hersheypark Halloween will include stops at Hershey Chocolate World as part of the Treatville Trail. You can also take a Halloween themed trolley ride and attend a Halloween decorating cookie workshop. Both require guest to purchase tickets.
Tips for Visiting Hersheypark Halloween
- Arrive 15 minutes before opening. You will be required to go through bag check to enter the park. As you enter the park you want to ride the busiest attractions first if possible. Those are Laff Trakk, Reese’s Cupfusion, and Candymonium.
- Hersheypark is a huge park. Before you arrive take a look at the attractions and locations on the park map. It will be a big help for you to know which direction you are going as you enter.
- After you ride the busiest attraction take time to do the Trick or Treat trail or Scare Zones. If you are taking advantage of preview day plan to get a lot of the rides done and then do the Halloween activities.
- Treatville Trick or Treat Trail was so impressive. I have to admit I was a little nervous that the treat lines would be really long and it wouldn’t be worth it but that was not the case. We really enjoyed walking through. Arrive early to avoid the crowds.
- Purchase tickets online to save money.
- Feel free to dress up. There was a good mix of kids in costumes. Make sure you consider the size of costumes for riding rides.
- If you have a child with food allergies they do offer alternative candies.
- Be sure to check in with your kids about the scare zones. You know your child best about what kind of scares they like.
ZooAmerica during Hersheypark Halloween
During Hersheypark Halloween you can visit ZooAmerica at night starting October 14th. The Creatures of the Night offers a special night time visit to ZooAmerica. It is included with your Hersheypark admission. There are also treat stops and interactive animal exhibits. My son got to touch a snake during our visit.
Characters at Hersheypark in the Dark
During the event the Hersheypark characters are dressed up for Halloween. You can find them at different locations throughout the park. Check the park map to see the locations. We never had issues finding them and the lines are typically short. Don’t forget to attend the character dance party!
Hersheypark Halloween is a great Halloween event in Hershey, PA. It has something for families of all ages making it a great place to enjoy some spooky, or not so spooky, Halloween fun.
Read Next: Fun Things to Do in Hershey, PA for Families
Subscribe to my mailing list and receive a Vacation Planning Itinerary Worksheet to help you plan your next family vacation.
Pin for Later: