‘Ohana Character Breakfast at Walt Disney World is a family style character dining experience located at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. It has a Hawaiian theme and focuses around the Lilo & Stich movie. This ‘Ohana breakfast has great food and character interactions that the entire family will love.
Update: ‘Ohana Character Breakfast has been closed due to covid but announced yesterday that it would be reopening beginning July 9, 2021. Guests can start making reservations June 10, 2021.
More dining options opening is exciting news, but don’t expect it to be what it was in the past. There are a few changes coming to the newly opened dining option at Walt Disney World.
‘Ohana will offer all you can eat breakfast options and dinner options but will not have characters. There will be live entertainment with musicians strolling through the restaurant. Both options will be served family style for an all-you-can-eat dining experience.
‘Ohana Breakfast at the Polynesian
- Pineapple-Coconut Breakfast Bread
- Stitch and Mickey Waffles
- Egg Skillets with Ham, Sausage
- Breakfast Potatoes
- Variety of Fresh Fruit
‘Ohana Dinner at the Polynesian
- Grilled beef steak
- Roasted Chicken
- Shrimp casserole with Fried Rise and Roast Broccolini
- ‘Ohana Pot Stickers
- Soy Chicken Wings
- ‘Ohana bread pudding served with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream
‘Ohana Dining Cost:
- Breakfast: $34.99 for adults
- Dinner: $59.99 for adults
Below is our experience with the Character Breakfast at ‘Ohana. Although not currently being offered I kept it on this article in hopes that it returns!
Ohana Character Breakfast
If you have seen the movie Lilo & Stitch you know ‘Ohana means family and family means never left behind or forgotten. This quote is awesome. It sums up what family is all about. We are all in this together. The ‘Ohana Lilo and Stitch breakfast follows the family theme with a family style breakfast served at your table to share.
From the minute we entered the Polynesian Village Resort we were surrounded by lush landscaping and the Hawaiian themed lobby. We arrived by monorail from the Magic Kingdom.(More on that later.)
Like most Disney dining you must make reservations. Reservations can be made 60 days from the start of your Disney vacation. If you know when you will go make a reservation. Most reservations allow cancellations up to 24 hours before so you can change this if you need to.
We scheduled our meal as a brunch and on a rest day. This allowed us to sleep in a little, enjoy a big breakfast/lunch, and return to our hotel pool for the day. You do not have to stay at a resort to visit and dine there.
Disney Tip: We always plan a day off when we spend a week at Walt Disney World. I share all the non-park activities to enjoy in this post on 24 Things to Do on a NonPark Day at Disney World.
We also used our Disney dining credits. I am a huge fan of the Disney Dining Plan if you are going to do multiple sit down meal or character meals during your visit. I think you either love it or hate it.
Disney Dining Plan has been temporarily paused.
There is a lot of information out there about it and if it is a good deal. My reasons are simple.
- I like to pay in advance.
- It doesn’t always save you money but it save you the stress of figuring out where to eat and what things cost. There are no surprises.
- If you are doing character dining it can save you money. We always save a meal to use it for character dining and do a pizza night in the room without using our credits.
- If you are looking for the most budget friendly options do your homework. Check the deals that are offered and see what is the best one for your family.
- For the 2019/2020 year 1 Dining Plan Credit is used from the Disney Dining Plan and Disney Deluxe Dining Plan. This post gives more details on understanding the Dining plan.
‘Ohana Breakfast Menu
The food at ‘Ohana is served family style. It includes scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, sausage, fruit plate, pastries, and Stitch waffles. The waffles were a huge hit as well as the fruit with my kids. All the adults enjoyed everything.
How Much Is ‘Ohana Breakfast
Prices may change but currently are around $40.00 for an adult and $24.00 for kids. Kids are considered 3-9 so keep that in mind when planning a visit with children over 9 years old.
Characters at ‘Ohana Breakfast
‘Ohana character breakfast is a character dining experience and that means characters will walk around the dining area and come to your table. The characters include Lilo, Stitch, Pluto, & Mickey. You do not need to walk around to find the characters they come to you! They will sign autographs and pose for pictures.
The best thing about character dining in my opinion is that you get a meal and meet & greet all in one. You don’t have to worry about waiting in line at the park to meet characters. It saves you time at the parks and gives your kids a lot of time with their favorite characters.
During the meal they also do a musical parade through the dining room. Everyone grabs a maraca and dances around with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, & Pluto. The dining room is big so an adult should go with small children for this parade.
Stitch is really silly and fun to meet. He is mischievous and causes trouble…just like the real Stitch. You never know what he is going to do and we had a lot of fun with him.
How to Get to ‘Ohana Character Breakfast
If you are staying at the Polynesian Village Resort you can easily get to ‘Ohana because it is located upstairs of the lobby. If you are staying off-site and do not have a car you need to look at the best transportation options such as Uber or Lyft.
We were staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. The best way to get to breakfast was to take the bus to the Magic Kingdom. From there you take the monorail or the walking path to the Polynesian Resort. The monorail is an attraction in itself so we were excited to have a chance to ride. It took us about 35 minutes travel time.
Related Post: 7 Reasons We Love Staying On-Site at Disney World
Tips for ‘Ohana Character Breakfast
- Make reservations as early as you can.
- Visit on a rest day so you don’t use up your park time.
- You do not need to stay at the resort to make reservations.
- Give yourself extra time for transportation.
- Bring an autograph book and your camera.
- Watch the movies before you arrive to become more familiar with the characters.
‘Ohana Breakfast Review
Breakfast at ‘Ohana was one of our favorite meals of the week. We were introduced to Stitch Juice which is a tropical flavored juice that is served at the table. They also have an amazing Stitch Juice. The food is also unlimited. As you finish your plates they will bring you as much as you need. We were all very full by the end of our meal.
The ‘Ohana Character Breakfast was a blast! We still talk about how good the food was and it was a great way to enjoy the characters and Disney magic outside the parks.
If you are planning a Walt Disney World vacation here are a few more posts you may like:
- Step by Step Disney World 7 Day Itinerary
- Learn to Be a Jedi(Everything You Need to Know About Jedi Academy)
- 6 Tips for Your First Visit to Walt Disney World
- Disney World FastPass Tiers & Tips