Walt Disney World resort introduced a game changing way to order your food during a visit to the Walt Disney World parks. Disney Mobile ordering is easy to use and maximizes your time during your Disney World vacation.
I know when I visit a theme park I want to be as efficient as possible and keep stress and chaos to a minimum. Family travel can be a challenge when trying to meet the needs of everyone, especially at a theme park. Disney’s Mobile Ordering has made a visit to the parks and meal time so much easier for my family.
How Disney Mobile Ordering Made Our Disney Vacation a Little Easier
Imagine walking into a quick service restaurant and finding you are not the only family ready to sit down for a nice meal. The lines for the food can be as long as the lines for the rides. With Disney’s mobile ordering they have made it a little easier to order food and relax during your meals at the parks.
What is Disney Mobile Ordering + Why It is One of My Favorite Walt Disney World Tips
Disney mobile ordering is exactly what it sounds like. You order your quick-service meals directly from your mobile phone using the My Disney Experience app. It has been a huge time-saver on our family vacations and it is one of my best Walt Disney World tips.
Overview of Steps on How to Use Mobile Ordering at Disney
- Log in to My Disney Experience App
- Under My Plans -> Order Food
- Choose the Restaurant.
- Click Order Food.
- Make your food choices. Be sure to scroll down to add sides and drinks.
- When your order is finished click purchase.
- Once you have arrived at the restaurant click I Am Here.
- You will receive a notification when your order is ready.
Set Up a My Disney Experience Account Before You Arrive
The first thing you need to do is set up your My Disney Experience account. You can do that on a desktop and then download the app to your device. It is a free app that allows you to view wait times, make dining reservations, book FastPass+, mobile order, and many other things.
You want to have your sign-in passwords accessible during your trip. I usually sign-in before we leave for vacation and stay signed in the entire time. Sometimes I have to log-in again during mobile ordering so use a password you will remember.
You do not need to order your food before you arrive at Walt Disney World. If you order your food you will be charged for your food even if you do not pick it up. Only order your food when you are at the parks and ready to pick it up.
Step by Step: Disney Mobile Ordering
Disney mobile ordering is a really quick and easy way to order your meals without waiting in long lines. Typically we will order our meal while waiting in a line for an attraction. Then as we arrive to the quick-service restaurant we will go into the app and say “I’m Here, Prepare My Order”
TIP: You do not need to wait until you are inside the restaurant to say you are here but you need to be close. When we are a few minutes away I usually tap the button.
Once you arrive find a seat and walk up to the mobile ordering/pick-up spot. They will call your order number when it is ready. If you have notifications set to on, you will receive a message.
- Go into the My Disney Experience App.
- My Plans -> Order Food
- Pick the restaurant you would like to use. For the example below I picked Satu’li Canteen at Animal Kingdom.
- At the next screen it will show you where the restaurant is on the map, directions to the restaurant, and an option to order food.
- Click Order Food.
- Here you will Build Your Order.
- Choose a menu item, choose a quantity, and add it to your order.
- Be sure to scroll down to pick your sides and customize if you need to.
- When you are finished click View My Order
- This will list your order and allow you to modify or review.
- If everything is good click Purchase.
- Once you are on your way to the restaurant click “I’m Here, Prepare My Order.
- You will receive an order number and a notification(if turned on) when you’re order is ready.
Disney Mobile Ordering in Action
We have used mobile ordering the last 3 visits to Walt Disney World. While participating in the Wilderness Explorers at Disney’s Animal Kingdom we placed our order at Flame Tree BBQ. It was so nice to bypass the lines and relax while we waited for our meal.
We have used it at Columbia Harbour House at Magic Kingdom, Pinocchio Village Haus at Magic Kingdom, Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom, and Satu’li Canteen at Animal Kingdom. Satu’li Canteen is our new favorite spot. The food is amazing and I highly recommend it. We have also used it at Aloha Isla to bypasss the long Dole Whip lines.
Disney Mobile Ordering Restaurants (Updated November 2019)
- Aloha Isle
- Casey’s Corner
- Columbia Harbour House
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
- The Lunching Pad
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant
- Electric Umbrella
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- ABC Commissary
- Backlot Express
- Catalina Eddie’s
- Docking Bay 7- Food and Cargo
- Fairfax Fare
- Milk Stand
- Ronto Roasters
- Rosie’s All-American Cafe
- Woody’s Lunch Box
- Flame Tree Barbecue
- Harambe Market
- Satu’li Canteen
- D-Luxe Burger
Disney Mobile Ordering Tips:
- Take a look at the menus before you are in line for an attraction-at home. This is especially helpful with kids. You want to have an idea of what menu items are available at each place.
- Take a note of anything special you want to try.
- If you forget to order while waiting for an attraction you can still take advantage of mobile ordering. When you arrive do not get in line to order, unless there is no line or it is very short. Find a table. Place your order and relax while you wait.
- Keep your My Disney Experience log-in information handy.
- You can’t mobile order until the restaurant is open.
- Mobile ordering charges your connected credit card. I recommend setting this up before you arrive at the parks.
Watch Our Step by Step Guide to Disney Mobile Ordering
Have you used Disney Mobile Ordering? What is your experience with it? What is your favorite quick-service restaurant to eat at?