Walt Disney World resort introduced a game changing way to order your food during a visit to the Walt Disney World parks. Read on for our full Disney Mobile Ordering review and how to save time on your Disney vacation.
I know when I visit a theme park I want to be as efficient as possible and keep stress and chaos to a minimum. Family travel can be a challenge when trying to meet the needs of everyone, especially at a theme park. Disney’s Mobile Ordering has made a visit to the parks and meal time so much easier for my family.
How Disney Mobile Ordering Made Our Disney Vacation a Little Easier
Imagine walking into a quick service restaurant and finding you are not the only family ready to sit down for a nice meal. The lines for the food can be as long as the lines for the rides. With Disney’s mobile ordering they have made it a little easier to order food and relax during your meals at the parks.
Before you arrive you should reserve your tickets and days for visiting Disney World. I recommend our partner, Get Away Today for the best deals on Disney World tickets.
What is Disney Mobile Ordering + Why It is One of My Favorite Walt Disney World Tips
Disney mobile ordering is exactly what it sounds like. You order your quick-service meals directly from your mobile phone using the My Disney Experience app. It has been a huge time-saver on our family vacations and it is one of my best Walt Disney World tips.
How to Use Mobile Ordering at Disney
- Log in to My Disney Experience App
- Under My Plans -> Order Food
- Choose the Restaurant.
- Click Order Food.
- Make your food choices. Be sure to scroll down to add sides and drinks.
- When your order is finished click purchase.
- Once you have arrived at the restaurant click I Am Here.
- You will receive a notification when your order is ready.
Set Up a My Disney Experience Account Before You Arrive
The first thing you need to do is set up your My Disney Experience account. You can do that on a desktop and then download the app to your device. It is a free app that allows you to view wait times, make dining reservations, book FastPass+, mobile order, and many other things.
You want to have your sign-in passwords accessible during your trip. I usually sign-in before we leave for vacation and stay signed in the entire time. Sometimes I have to log-in again during mobile ordering so use a password you will remember.
You do not need to order your food before you arrive at Walt Disney World. If you order your food you will be charged for your food even if you do not pick it up. Only order your food when you are at the parks and ready to pick it up.
Step by Step: Disney Mobile Ordering
Disney mobile ordering is a really quick and easy way to order your meals without waiting in long lines. Typically we will order our meal while waiting in a line for an attraction. Then as we arrive to the quick-service restaurant we will go into the app and say “I’m Here, Prepare My Order”
TIP: You do not need to wait until you are inside the restaurant to say you are here but you need to be close. When we are a few minutes away I usually tap the button.
Once you arrive find a seat and walk up to the mobile ordering/pick-up spot. They will call your order number when it is ready. If you have notifications set to on, you will receive a message.
Go into the My Disney Experience App.
My Plans -> Order Food
Pick the restaurant you would like to use. For the example I picked Satu’li Canteen at Animal Kingdom.
At the next screen it will show you where the restaurant is on the map, directions to the restaurant, and an option to order food.
Click Order Food.
Here you will Build Your Order.
Choose a menu item, choose a quantity, and add it to your order.
Be sure to scroll down to pick your sides and customize if you need to.
When you are finished click View My Order
This will list your order and allow you to modify or review.
If everything is good click Purchase.
Disney Mobile Ordering Review
We have used mobile ordering the last 3 visits to Walt Disney World. While participating in the Wilderness Explorers at Disney’s Animal Kingdom we placed our order at Flame Tree BBQ. It was so nice to bypass the lines and relax while we waited for our meal.
We have used it at Columbia Harbour House at Magic Kingdom, Pinocchio Village Haus at Magic Kingdom, Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom, and Satu’li Canteen at Animal Kingdom. Satu’li Canteen is our new favorite spot. The food is amazing and I highly recommend it. We have also used it at Aloha Isla to bypasss the long Dole Whip lines.
Disney Mobile Ordering Restaurants (Updated September 2020)
- Aloha Isle
- Casey’s Corner (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Columbia Harbour House (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
- The Lunching Pad (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant
- Regal Eagle SmokeHouse (American Pavillion)
- Sunshine Seasons Cafe
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- ABC Commissary (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Backlot Express
- Catalina Eddie’s (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Docking Bay 7- Food and Cargo
- Fairfax Fare (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Milk Stand
- Ronto Roasters
- Rosie’s All-American Cafe
- Woody’s Lunch Box (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Flame Tree Barbecue
- Harambe Market (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Pizzafari (Temporarily Unavailable)
- The Mara (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Satu’li Canteen
- D-Luxe Burger
Walt Disney World Resorts
- The Artist’s Palette (Saratoga Springs Resort)
- Boardwalk Bakery (Boardwalk)
- Capt. Cook’s (Polynesian Resort)
- Centertown Market (Caribbean Beach Resort)
- Contempo Cafe (Contemporary Resort)
- Everything Pop (Pop Century)
- Gasparilla Island Grill (Grand Floridian)
- The Market at Ale & Compass (Yacht Club Resort)
- P & J’s Sothern Takeout (Campsite at Fort Wilderness Lodge)
- Pizza Window (Boardwalk)
- Primo Piatto (Riviera Resort; Read our Riviera Resort Review)
- Roaring Fork (Wilderness Lodge)
- End Zone Food Court (All-Star Sports) (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Intermission Food Court (All Star Music) (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Landscape of Flavors (Art of Animation; Read our Art of Animation Review) (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Riverside Mill Food Court (Port Orleans Resort) (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Sassagoulla Floatworks (Port Orleans) (Temporarily Unavailable)
- Spyglass Grill (Caribbean Beach) (Temporarily Unavailable)
- World Premiere Food Court (All Star Movies) (Temporarily Unavailable)
Disney Mobile Ordering Tips:
- Take a look at the menus before you are in line for an attraction-at home. This is especially helpful with kids. You want to have an idea of what menu items are available at each place.
- Take a note of anything special you want to try.
- If you forget to order while waiting for an attraction you can still take advantage of mobile ordering. When you arrive do not get in line to order, unless there is no line or it is very short. Find a table. Place your order and relax while you wait.
- Keep your My Disney Experience log-in information handy.
- You can’t mobile order until the restaurant is open.
- Mobile ordering charges your connected credit card. I recommend setting this up before you arrive at the parks.
- Disney Mobile Ordering has become very popular, especially with new safety precautions with COVID. Plan ahead to save time. Your wait can be long for meals, even with Mobile ordering.
Have you used Disney Mobile Ordering? What is your experience with it? What is your favorite quick-service restaurant to eat at?
More Walt Disney World Planning Posts for You:
- 7 Day Disney World Itinerary with Kids
- 24 Awesome Ways to Spend a Rest Day at Disney World
- Epcot World Showcase with Kids: What to See and What to Skip