A visit to a Disney water park wouldn’t be complete without checking out the best Typhoon Lagoon rides for your family. We visited the park and picked our favorite Typhoon Lagoon rides for your next Disney World vacation.
Typhoon Lagoon is a 61 acre themed water park at the Walt Disney World resort. It is imagined by the legend of a typhoon, earthquake, and tidal wave washing over the land to create the setting and theme.
As soon as you enter the water park and make your way through the paths they open to see Mt. Mayday with Miss Tilly, the shrimp boat on top. They do a great job of setting the theme for this park and we were excited to check out the rides and look around.
We received complimentary tickets for our visit as part of a media trip to Walt Disney World.
Typhoon Lagoon Map
We started our visit by checking out the Typhoon Lagoon map to get an understanding of the layout of the park. We only had a few hours for our visit so we had to prioritize what we all wanted to see and do. There are maps located throughout the Typhoon Lagoon water park and you can also find paper copies throughout the park and on the My Disney Experience app.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Tips
- Bring towels! Towels are provided for hotel guests and can be checked out when you enter the park. If you are staying off-site bring your own.
- Have a plan but allow time to explore and relax. This is always my biggest regret, I am busy trying to do all the things and I miss enjoying the small details.
- Consider eating lunch at the park. I had a fantastic Jerk Chicken Cobb Salad from Leaning Palms. You can also purchase Dole Whips at Typhoon Tilly’s.
- Some locations accept the Disney Dining Plan. They are Leaning Palms, Lowtide Lou’s, Snack Shack, and Typhoon Tilly’s.
- Arrive early to find a central spot in front of the Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool. This is centrally located and a good place to meet up if you need to split up.
- Lockers are available for renting at Singapore Sal’s. Towels can be rented here too.
5 Best Typhoon Lagoon Rides
1. Miss Adventure Falls
This was our favorite ride at Typhoon Lagoon and it is perfect for families. There is no height requirement but I think you have to be with an adult if you are under 48 inches. Guests climb on the 4 person rafts and adventure down this family friendly slide. We loved that there was an animatronic component to the attraction and we rode this multiple times first thing in the morning for short wait times.
2. Gangplank Falls
This slide takes you through caves and waterfalls in a raft that will fit a family of 4. We fit three adults and my daughter in it easily. This is also open to all ages and is a good one to enjoy as a family.
3. Crush ‘n’ Gusher
Crush ‘n’ Gusher is a water coaster attraction that requires a 48 inch height to ride. My youngest was just under so he had to miss it this time. The older two rode together and I did it solo. It was a fun ride that mixes the thrills of a roller coaster with the fun of a water slide.
4. Castaway Creek
Castaway Creek is Typhoon Lagoon’s lazy river. It winds through the park and offers guests views of the different attractions throughout the park as well as a hidden grotto and misty rain forest. Unfortunately, we didn’t have time during our morning at the park but this is on our list for next time.
5. Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool
This is the center piece of the water park and has a powerful wave pool. We didn’t have a chance to go in, but I will say the waves were huge and I recommend being a very strong swimmer if you are going out into the waves. Its also a great place to play in the sand.
Typhoon Lagoon also offers surf lessons before park opening. Reservations can be made on the Walt Disney World website and are open to guests 8 years old and up.
More Typhoon Lagoon Attractions
Ketchakiddee Creek is for guests under 48 inches and provides a water playground for the younger visitors to the water park. Kids can play on the different spray areas and smaller slides.
Humunga Kowabunga is a body slide that plunges guests down 5 stories. You must be 48 inches to ride.
Typhoon Lagoon rides and attractions make it a great addition to your Disney World vacation. We will definitely go back to ride the attractions we missed as well as ride our favorites!
Read Next: 6 Tips for Your Walt Disney World Vacation
Latest Posts from Five for the Road
- Best Museums in Rochester, NY You Should Visit with Kids
- Things to Do in Utica NY with Kids (Oneida & Herkimer County Weekend Getaway)
- 8 Fall Activities in Rochester, NY | Rochester Fall with Kids
- School Routine, Fall Family Traditions, & 4 Year Anniversary | September 2020
- Family Fun Apple Picking in Rochester, NY